October 29 – October 31, 2015
Key Bridge Marriott Hotel • Washington, D.C.
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Prof. Samir Khalil Samir, SJ, Pontifical Oriental Institute, Rome on “The Fate of Middle East Christians.”
SPECIAL REMARKS: H.E. Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman, Kurdistan Regional Government Representative to the United States
Roundtable discussions on:
- The Spill-Over: The Sunni Jihadis of Syria/Iraq and their Impact on the Middle East Region
- Jewish-Christianity and the Origins of Islam
- Cultures of War: U.S. Military Training in the Middle East and Africa
- United Kurdistan: Distant Dream or Emerging Reality?
And more to come!
- Paper presentations on scholarly topics from Middle Eastern and African studies, and related disciplines.
- Banquet luncheon and professional networking reception.
- Film screenings.
- Displays by publishers of the latest academic titles.
Full/Associate Members Registration: $85. After Sept. 30: $105.
Student Members Registration: $55. After Sept. 30: $75.
Non-Members Registration: $200. After Sept. 30: $200
Become an ASMEA member today!
For more information, contact 202.429.8860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa